- You can use vertical or horizontal orientation for your food photos.
- Vertical orientation is preferred in food photography because you can place more items around your main focal point that will help tell a story and create a path of movement.
- Horizontal photos might be used in food magazines, cookbooks and website headers.
- Vertical photos are best for internet, websites, Pinterest and other social media.
- Depending on how you are going to use your photos you might either choose vertical or horizontal orientation.
- Make sure that the main subject won't be cut off if you post a picture on Instagram and it will be cropped to a square.
Do you usually shoot vertically or horizontally? Share a horizontal and a vertical photo from the same photoshoot. Which one do you prefer and why? Share in our Facebook group. Ask for feedback if you need it.